Because the failure rate in the restaurant industry is so high, you always want to be on your toes and up-to-date.
When you are in a fast pace industry like restaurants, you still want to move fast, but without stepping over everybody.
Restaurant owners who are known to rush through the basics often get burned pretty quickly.
Everything around them becomes a war zone.
It creates waves of unexpected and often, unfortunate consequences that derail those owners and their team for a while.
But when restaurant owners choose to go one step at a time in this fast pace industry, they
- Get encouraged by each step they take
- Become more aware when they’re missing something
- Get themselves space to think deeper
- Allow themselves to course-correct
- Don’t blame everybody else because of their mistakes and overlooked
In truth, when restaurant owners decide to focus on one thing at a time, they’re opening the door for their team to help them even more.
Those teams help these owners because
- They see their bosses are no longer attempting to rush through things.
- They see their bosses possessing more patience and listening skills
- They want to be part of their bosses’ vision conversation
As a restaurant owner, not burning any steps and the people around you provide you with a deeper understanding of your restaurant.
Just make sure you’re going one step at a time.